sexta-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2023

Yet no o fficia l perso nage met th em.Mi usov looked abse nt-mindedly at the tom bstones r ound the ch urch, and w as on the point o f saying tha t the dead buried her e must have pa id a prett y penny f or the righ t of lying in t his "holy p lace," bu t refr a ined. I had a pr ese ntiment of it; but Pyotr Ilyi tch came in. H is li ps were str angely co mpres sed like a thread. "What wisp o f tow?" mutte red Alyos ha."He i s come to c omplain o f me, fat her!" crie d a voice f am iliar to Alyos h a -- the voice of t he schoolboy -- from b ehi nd the cur tain. If only you kne w how p recio us time is to me .... 'Excus e me,' said h e, 'I am an Ispr avnik , and I do not allow puns to be made on my calli ng.' H e turned a nd walked away. But the other one is il l, he is ill , he is del iriou s!" she kept cryin g out, bes ide he rs el f.The court usher t ook th e document she held out to the P resid ent, and she, dr opping int o her chair, hidin g her face in h er hands, b egan c onvulsivel y and noiselessly sobbing, shaking a ll ove r, an d stifl ing eve ry soun d for fear she sh ould be e j ected fro m the court . That's a d owry for you. Th e estate in ou r district wa s t he lar gest o f her three esta tes, yet s he had b een very little in our provin ce before this time.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário